HAMA, SYRIA (2:30 P.M.) – Zero hour has arrived in the northern Hama countryside tonight, as the Syrian Arab Army (SAA) prepares to launch their long-awaited counter-offensive to recapture all of the territory they lost to the jihadist rebels earlier this month.
Led by their Tiger Forces (Special Forces), the Syrian Arab Army is expected to attack Jund Al-Aqsa’s (Syrian Al-Qaeda franchise) defenses at several axes around the northern Hama countryside, while the Syrian Air Force pounds the jihadist supply lines from the Idlib Governorate.
The Syrian Air Force has already begun to pound the jihadist defenses at the villages of Taybat Al-Imam, Souran, Kawkab, Al-Lataminah, Kafr Zita, and Halfaya; these airstrikes have causes significant damage to Jund Al-Aqsa’s fortifications.
Fighting alongside the Tiger Forces during this large-scale offensive will be the following units:
- 47th Regiment of the 11th Tank Division
- 555th Regiment of the 4th Mechanized Division
- Syrian Social Nationalist Party (SSNP) – Mhardeh and Suqaylabiyah divisions
- National Defense Forces (NDF) – Mhardeh, Suqaylabiyah, Taybat Al-Imam, Hama City, and Masyaf units
- Sahabat Group of the Syrian Air Force Intelligence