BEIRUT, LEBANON (3:00 P.M.) – The spokesman for the Ansarallah-aligned Yemeni Armed Forces, Brigadier General Yahya Sare’a, said they would continue to target Saudi Arabia, without harming the civilians inside the Gulf nation.
In statements to the Yemen-based Al-Masirah TV, Sare’a said, “We exercise our legitimate right to defend our people, and we will not stand idly by while we see our people killed by raids and blockades.”
“Our sources confirmed that the fourth deterrence balance process was accurate and hit its targets with high accuracy and confused the Saudis and their allies, the Americans,” he said.
“We will continue to target the Saudi depth with its military and sovereign institutions that are the spearhead of aggression against our people, and we are keen that our goals are far from harming the oppressed Saudi people by the rule of Al-Saud to them.”
He continued, “The military escalation is not new, and we are able to defend Yemen, our capabilities today are better than they were, and so far we have not used all our capabilities and the enemy must understand this very well.”
He pointed out that “the language of threat and intimidation with us will not help, and if it did, the aggression would not continue until today. The enemy has only one option, to stop the aggression and lift the siege.”
He explained, “Our people will not starve to death, and we have options that we have not revealed yet.”
On Wednesday, the Saudi-led Arab coalition in Yemen announced the start of a military operation against targets it said belonged to the Ansarallah forces.
He stressed that “the operation aims to neutralize and destroy the specific capabilities and in response to the threat,” and he announced that he would hold a press conference later on the military operation, according to Al-Arabiya TV.