Yemeni army and the Popular Committees forces attacked a Saudi border military base on Monday, killing 2 soldier guards, Riyadh’s official news agency said.
A statement of the official SPA agency said that the soldiers were killed on Sunday in the Jizan district bordering Yemen, identifying them as “Sergeants Ali al-Ghazwani and Sarwi al-Saeed”.
It didn’t add further details.
Moreover, the state-run Sabanews.net website reported that the Popular Committees and the national Yemeni army attacked Saudi border positions on Sunday in the Aseer and Jizan regions.
“The forces fired Katyusha rockets, destroying Saudi army vehicles, and killing several soldiers,” it said.
The two Saudi soldiers bring the number of troops killed in shelling and skirmishes on the kingdom’s side along the frontier with Yemen to more than 51 since the coalition military campaign on Yemen began on March 26.
The United Nations has lately declared its highest-level humanitarian emergency in Yemen as Saudi Arabia continues its deadly airstrikes against the impoverished Arabian Peninsula country.
Saudi Arabia has been bombing Yemen since March 26 to bring fugitive president Abed-Rabbu Mansour Hadi back to power.
The airstrikes have so far claimed the lives of more than 5,302 civilians, mostly women and children.