The US Army is reinforcing its military bases in northeastern Aleppo and northern Raqqa despite US President Donald Trump’s controversial call for his nation’s armed forces to pull out from Syria.

The London-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights (SOHR) reported on Saturday that a US military convoy comprising 150 military and armored vehicles as well as logistic equipment of the US-led coalition forces moved towards al-Jalbieh Base in northern Raqqa and another base in Ain al-Arab (Kobani) in northeastern Aleppo.

The SOHR dismissed media reports that the US Army withdrew from part of its troops from Syria on Friday and said the US military bases in eastern Syria and along the Iraq-Syria borders are only witnessing the replacement of troops.

The news comes as the US-led anti-ISIL coalition forces Spokesman Sean Ryan said on Friday that the US Army has started the withdraw from Syria.

In a similar report last Monday, the SOHR said the US had dispatched hundreds of military trucks comprising weapons and military equipment to Deir Ezzur province in Eastern Syria since President Donald Trump declared his decision to withdraw troops from the country.

The SOHR said that a military convoy comprising a sum of 150 trucks carrying cars and logistic military equipment has been dispatched to the regions under the control of the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) especially on Eastern Euphrates from the Iraqi Kurdistan Region.

The SOHR noted that it was the third US military convoy sent to Syria after Trump’s decision on the exit of the American troops from Syria, and said that a total number of 500 trucks containing weapons and military equipment have been dispatched to Eastern Syria so far.

ALSO READ  Khan Sheikhoun retaken thanks to elite Syrian Army unit: expert

 

 

Source: FNA

Advertisements
Share this article:
  • 461
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
    461
    Shares

Notice: All comments represent the view of the commenter and not necessarily the views of AMN.

All comments that are not spam or wholly inappropriate are approved, we do not sort out opinions or points of view that are different from ours.

This is a Civilized Place for Public Discussion

Please treat this discussion with the same respect you would a public park. We, too, are a shared community resource — a place to share skills, knowledge and interests through ongoing conversation.

These are not hard and fast rules, merely guidelines to aid the human judgment of our community and keep this a clean and well-lighted place for civilized public discourse.

Improve the Discussion

Help us make this a great place for discussion by always working to improve the discussion in some way, however small. If you are not sure your post adds to the conversation, think over what you want to say and try again later.

The topics discussed here matter to us, and we want you to act as if they matter to you, too. Be respectful of the topics and the people discussing them, even if you disagree with some of what is being said.

Be Agreeable, Even When You Disagree

You may wish to respond to something by disagreeing with it. That’s fine. But remember to criticize ideas, not people. Please avoid:

  • Name-calling
  • Ad hominem attacks
  • Responding to a post’s tone instead of its actual content
  • Knee-jerk contradiction

Instead, provide reasoned counter-arguments that improve the conversation.

newest oldest most voted
Notify of
Daeshbags-Sux
Guest
Daeshbags-Sux

So, obviously, US are withdrawing stuff that has became unuseful to fight Daesh but won’t let their Kurdish allies down since they’re even reinforcing their positions…
It will drive Erdogan really mad to learn from it… Good!
Erdogan must know his place : in the toilets of history!

Human
Guest
Human

‘MERDogan’, actually!

Pete
Guest
Pete

If they’re stocking up to support the SDF and YPG then that’s really good news.