BEIRUT, LEBANON (2:40 P.M.) – The U.S. Coalition released a statement on Tuesday that confirmed their warplanes carried out at least 11 airstrikes over the Deir Ezzor Governorate and several other attacks across both Syria and Iraq.
According to the statement, the U.S. carried out 14 total strikes in Syria, with 11 of the attacks concentrated on the Islamic State’s (ISIL) positions in the Deir Ezzor Governorate.
“In Syria, Coalition military forces conducted 14 strikes consisting of 18 engagements against ISIS targets:
- Near Abu Kamal, five strikes destroyed 19 ISIS oil refinement stills, four weapon caches, four well-heads, three separator tanks, and a storage tank.
- Near Dayr Az Zawr, six strikes engaged an ISIS tactical unit and destroyed 25 ISIS oil refinement stills, five oil tanks, and 10 oil tankers.
- Near Raqqah, three strikes engaged two ISIS tactical units, destroyed a fighting position and a mortar tube, and suppressed a fighting position.”
In addition to their airstrikes across Syria, the U.S. also targeted the Islamic State’s positions in the western countryside of Iraq, delivering at least five strikes.
“In Iraq, Coalition military forces conducted five strikes consisting of 45 engagements against ISIS targets.
- Near Mosul, three strikes engaged three ISIS tactical units; destroyed 18 fighting positions, seven medium machine guns, and two rocket-propelled grenade systems; and damaged 12 fighting positions.
- Near Qayyarah, two strikes engaged two ISIS tactical units and destroyed two mortar systems and two vehicles.”