DAMASCUS, SYRIA (10:50 P.M.) – The Russian Defense Ministry said in a statement on Tuesday that it had gathering evidence indicating the US Air Force had allowed over 100 ISIS vehicles to escape Abu Kamal City last week.

According to Russia, the US refused to carry out any airstrikes on the convoy, spotted leaving towards the Wadi es-Sabha passage on the border with Iraq, and added that Russian warplanes were prevented from doing so to.

“Americans peremptorily rejected to conduct airstrikes over the ISIS terrorists on the pretext of the fact that, according to their information, militants are yielding themselves prisoners to them and now are subject to the provisions of the Convention relative to the Treatment of Prisoners of War,” the Russian Defense Ministry said.

Russia said it had addressed the US-led coalition twice with a proposal of carrying out joint air raids to eliminate the retreating ISIS convoy, but was turned down, allowing jihadist hundreds of militants to travel undeterred along the Euphrates River. Furthermore, the US was accused of hampering the Russian Air Force’s activities in southern Deir Ezzor.

“There is indisputable evidence that the United States pretends it is waging irreconcilable struggle against international terrorism in front of the international community, while in reality it provides cover for the combat-ready Islamic State groups to let them regain strength, regroup themselves and advance US interests in the Middle East,” the ministry said.

Share this article:
  • 520
  • 8
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
    528
    Shares
ALSO READ  Putin, Trump discuss Syria after meeting with Assad

Student currently living in Denmark. Special focus on news from Syria, MENA map-making and strategical military analysis.

Notice: All comments represent the view of the commenter and not necessarily the views of AMN.

All comments that are not spam or wholly inappropriate are approved, we do not sort out opinions or points of view that are different from ours.

If your comment is held for moderation, please just be patient, it will be published unless it falls into one of the two categories as mentioned above.

Discuss

5 Comments on "US Air Force refused to take out massive ISIS convoy in Deir Ezzor: Russia"

Notify of
avatar
Sort by:   newest | oldest | most voted
Marko
Guest
Marko
Rate Article :
     

This article proofs once again that the USA is playing a dirty game with Russia.

Floriangeyer
Member
Master
Commenter
Upvoted
Floriangeyer
Rate Article :
     

Are the US planners really smart enough to get away with direct support to ISIS ?

Or will it be come another ‘US Lost War’ that is promoted as a Victory by the sexual abusers and paedophiles of Hollywood?

David
Guest

Yah well a prisoner need a guard and if they don’t have a guard than they are fleeing which means they could be killed. So the Russians could have said your prisoners are escaping and then blew them to kingdom come…… just saying.

grr
Guest
grr

How exactly did the US/Zionists hinder the RuAF? Doesn’t Ru control air space?

Member
Regular
Upvoted
Commenter
“Exactly” is a big word. Things go something the like of: “we’ll attack any flying object in the area”. Russians then have the option to either start an open war or to engage in talks and other means of persuasion/retaliation. Always a complicated matter because the “rational” side has lots of problems in driving the unreasonable party into making up its mind. In this case, profiting of BBC’s docu on Raqqa to stir more international outrage against the USA appears to be the chosen strategy. And, *BOTH* US and Russia tightly control airspace. There isn’t a single-sided no-fly-zone, rather “gentlemen’s… Read more »
wpDiscuz