BEIRUT, LEBANON (6:25 A.M.) – The U.S. Navy fired more than 50 tomahawk cruise missiles at the Shayrat Airbase this morning, causing significant damage to this military installation in the eastern countryside of the Homs Governorate.
What we know so far:
- U.S. missiles struck Shayrat’s airfields, aircraft hangar, and fuel tankers
- Destroyed fuel tankers caused several explosions and a large fire that has not been put out yet
- At least 15 fighter jets have been damaged or destroyed
- One fighter pilot was killed – several others wounded
- Russians were present at the airbase when it was attacked
Update: there are now reports of four deaths.
It is not known how many are injured just yet.
746 168 2