Negotiations are currently taking place between Russia and Jaysh al-Islam to conclude a reconciliation agreement with the Syrian government, media sources reported.
the city of Douma – controlled by the Saudi-backed group – is left alone among other East Ghouta towns which either fell to the Syrian Army or accepted an evaluation deal.
Leader of the Jaysh al-Islam, Issam Bwaydani, said that his group is not negotiating any deal with the Syrian government, promising to win the battle and warning opposition factions in Daraa and Idlib to join forces as they would be the Syrian Army’s next target.
Below are some of the terms of agreement as leaked by several pro-rebels activists and groups:
- Militants who are unwilling to reconcile could be evacuate to east Qalamoun pocket rather than Syria’s north.
- Russian military police shall enter the city and monitor the agreement through checkpoints
- Militants willing to reconcile shall hand over their weapons to the Syrian government
- Jaysh al-Islam shall release all military and civilian detainees captured earlier.
- The Syrian government shall re-establish itself in Douma by re-activating all institutions.