BEIRUT, LEBANON (9:10 P.M.) – The spokesman for the Turkish-backed Al-Wefaq government forces, Colonel Tayyar Muhammad Qanunu, announced the results of a successful operation to capture several areas around Al-Wataya Airbase.
Qanunu said in a press statement that “the operation led to the arrest of a number of Haftar’s militants and mercenaries,” pointing to the loss of the military equipment during the opration.
The spokesman talked about a large-scale attack coinciding with the Al-Wataya operation of the Al-Wefaq forces in more than one axis south of Tripoli, in which it took control of new sites.
He said that “military vehicles, including Emirati armored vehicles,” were destroyed.
Qanunu announced the start of “Operation Peace Storm” on Wednesday, despite the fact both sides had previously agreed to a ceasefire.