BEIRUT, LEBANON (4:00 P.M.) – The Syrian military released a statement this afternoon that accused the militants of violating the truce in northwestern Syria and attacking civilians.
As a result of this, the Syrian military command announced that they will be cancelling the truce and resuming their operations against the militant forces in northwestern Syria.
While the army command did not give a date for the resumption of their offensive, it is very likely soon as they will begin launching airstrikes over the Hama and Idlib governorates.
The military’s statement contrasted the previous information given to Al-Masdar from the Syrian Arab Army. Earlier in the day, Al-Masdar was told by a military source that the militants would be given until August 16th, which is the last day of the Eid holiday.
Previously, Tiger Forces commander Suleiman Shahin said operations were finished in northern Syria as long as the truce was held. On Monday afternoon, the truce was cancelled after the Syrian military accused the militants of violating the agreement.