The Syrian Arab Army’s “Tiger Forces” reportedly unearthed a mass grave on Friday that contained the remains of 12 identified soldiers near the 410 Storage Base in northern Palmyra (Tadmur).
The soldiers were executed by the Islamic State of Iraq and Al-Sham (ISIS) when they seized the ancient city of Palmyra from the Syrian Arab Army (SAA) nearly one year ago.
According to the commander of the Al-Hamza Brigade; this mass grave was discovered along the Palmyra-Raqqa Highway.
So far, the Tiger Forces have released the names of 6 soldiers that were identified among the decomposed bodies:
- Recruit: ‘Abdel-Mohsen Mohammad ‘Abdo
- Recruit: Hassan Ahmad Hasleh
- Recruit: Basel ‘Ali ‘Adnan Al-Khaled
- Recruit: ‘Ali Hammam Al-‘Ali
- Recruit: ‘Abdel-Rahman Mohammad Jaher
- Recruit: Suleiman Ahmad Al-‘Aboud