BEIRUT, LEBANON (11:20 A.M.) – The Free Syrian Army (FSA) and Islamic State (ISIS) are negotiating a ceasefire inside a west Dara’a Governorate town, pro-opposition activists reported this morning.

According to the activists, the FSA and Jaysh Khaled bin Walid (ISIS faction in Daraa) leadership are holding their negotiations inside the town of Tasil, which is located near the front-lines of both forces in western Dara’a.

The talks of a ceasefire in west Dara’a come just days before the Syrian Arab Army (SAA) and their allies launch a large-scale offensive in southern Syria.

With the their areas as the primary targets of this offensive, the rebel forces are desperately in need of a ceasefire with the Islamic State so that they can focus on fighting the Syrian government forces.

Advertisements
Share this article:
  • 59
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
    59
    Shares
ALSO READ  Displaced Syrians return home from Lebanon (video)
Editor-in-Chief Specializing in Near Eastern Affairs and Economics.

Notice: All comments represent the view of the commenter and not necessarily the views of AMN.

All comments that are not spam or wholly inappropriate are approved, we do not sort out opinions or points of view that are different from ours.

This is a Civilized Place for Public Discussion

Please treat this discussion with the same respect you would a public park. We, too, are a shared community resource — a place to share skills, knowledge and interests through ongoing conversation.

These are not hard and fast rules, merely guidelines to aid the human judgment of our community and keep this a clean and well-lighted place for civilized public discourse.

Improve the Discussion

Help us make this a great place for discussion by always working to improve the discussion in some way, however small. If you are not sure your post adds to the conversation, think over what you want to say and try again later.

The topics discussed here matter to us, and we want you to act as if they matter to you, too. Be respectful of the topics and the people discussing them, even if you disagree with some of what is being said.

Be Agreeable, Even When You Disagree

You may wish to respond to something by disagreeing with it. That’s fine. But remember to criticize ideas, not people. Please avoid:

  • Name-calling
  • Ad hominem attacks
  • Responding to a post’s tone instead of its actual content
  • Knee-jerk contradiction

Instead, provide reasoned counter-arguments that improve the conversation.

  Subscribe  
newest oldest most voted
Notify of
Deo Cass
Guest
Deo Cass

When will this news network accept the stark reality that the bets on Syria have already been made by Russia and their US/Zionist “partners.” There will be no Syrian government offensive in Southern Syria nor will there be any Aleppo or Idleb or even less Al-Tanf or Eastern Euphrates offensive. Syria will be divided into 4 de facto states with the Syrian government controlling barely 52% of its former territory but having 3/4th of the Syrian population, while the Zio/Nazi coalition including Turkey will have the remaining 48% but 80% of Syria’s natural gas, oil and water resources. The confidence… Read more »

OziGooner
Guest
OziGooner

Who said there is a difference between the Israeli proxy FSA & Daesh ??? Same s**t…different bucket.