BEIRUT, LEBANON (11:30 A.M.) – The Libyan National Army (LNA) announced on Wednesday, a unilateral ceasefire to avoid bloodshed at the end of the month of Ramadan.
The Libyan National Army spokesperson, Ahmad Al-Mismari, said that the forces decided to move away from Tripoli for a distance of 2 to 3 kilometres at all fronts.
Al-Mismari said in a statement that this ceasefire will allow citizens in the city to move freely at the end of the month of Ramadan and during Eid Al-Fitr.
A spokesman for the Libyan National Army said that their forces will start moving their positions in the city by midday on Wednesday.
This comes at a time when Libya is witnessing an increase in violence between the Government of National Accord (GNA) and the Libyan National Army.
Earlier this week, the Libyan Army withdrew from the Al-Watiya Airbase after a month-long battle with the Turkish-backed GNA forces.