BEIRUT, LEBANON (10:15 A.M.) – The U.S. Navy fired more than 50 tomahawk cruise missiles at the Shayrat Military Airport in rural east Homs, destroying most of this imperative installation located southeast of the provincial capital.
What we know so far:
- U.S. missiles struck Shayrat’s airfields, aircraft hangar, and fuel tankers
- Destroyed fuel tankers caused several explosions and a large fire that has not been put out yet
- At least 15 fighter jets have been damaged or destroyed
- Six military personnel have been killed, some non-Syrian
- Russians were present at the airbase when it was attacked
More details to come…