BEIRUT, LEBANON (12:20 A.M.) – The Turkish military sent a large convoy of soldiers to to the northern countryside of the Hama Governorate on Friday, opposition activists reported via social media.
According to the opposition reports, the Turkish military entered Syria through the Kafr Lossen Crossing in northern Idlib; they would later make their way south towards the Morek observation post.
This move by the Turkish military comes just days after the Syrian Arab Army (SAA) sent a large convoy of soldiers to the front-lines in northern Hama, northeast Latakia, and southern Idlib.
The Syrian Army’s mass buildup of troops around the demilitarized zone is believed to be a precursor to their impending offensive against the jihadist forces in northwestern Syria.
A military source in the government stronghold of Mhardeh told Al-Masdar News earlier this month that they are planning a new operation to expel the jihadist rebels from the demilitarized zone.
The source said that this decision by the Syrian Arab Army was made after the jihadist rebels refused to adhere to the October 15th withdrawal.