BEIRUT, LEBANON (3:30 P.M.) – A large number of Syrian military reinforcements arrived at the southern and southeastern fronts of Idlib on Wednesday after the jihadist rebels refused to withdraw from the demilitarized zone, a report said this morning.
According to the report, the Syrian Army sent a massive force to these fronts in order to confront the jihadist rebels who strengthened their positions and transferred large quantities of weapons and armed men to the front-lines during this month-long ceasefire.
The report revealed that these reinforcements came to support the army’s future military operation in the Idlib countryside.
Earlier this week, a military expert said that the process of completing the liberation of Idlib may begin at any moment, as the Syrian President’s visit further confirmed Damascus’ intention to retake this governorate in northwestern Syria.
At the same time, a correspondent from the Sputnik News Agency’s Arabic-language edition pointed out that the artillery and rocket strikes carried out by the Syrian Army and with the participation of Russian aviation managed in recent days to destroy several targets of armed groups south of Idlib.
The Sputnik correspondent said that “of course, the Syrian Army will not remain at the site and not respond to the armed violations, but there are field and political data taken into account to determine the date of completion of the Syrian Army’s upcoming military action in the Idlib province.”
The source added: “Whoever believes that the deployment of the Syrian Army in northeast Syria may weaken the Idlib front is delusional, as they have enough soldiers and equipment to open the battles of Idlib fully and decisively.”