The 1st day of Jaish al-Fateh’s (Army of Conquest) renewed offensive on government-held western Aleppo did not go as planned as their forces were unable to hold a single site captured from the Syrian Arab Army (SAA).
Spearheaded by four consecutive suicide bombings and a massive artillery barrage on Thursday morning until noon, Jaish al-Fateh’s elite ‘Inghimasis’ infiltration units attacked the SAA’s positions at the 3000 Apartment Project, the Al-Assad Military Academy, New Aleppo district and 1070 Apartment Project.
Unfortunately for the jihadists, their forces were forced to withdraw from a dozen buildings captured in the western part of the 3000 Apartment Project on Thursday evening due to the SAA conducting a swift counter-attack.
Thousands of government soldiers, many of whom are elite, are present on this frontline while several T-90 tanks are also deployed.
— Hamza suliman 🇸🇾 (@hamza_780) November 3, 2016
During today’s assault, at least 50 Jaish al-Fateh militants were confirmed killed. In addition, a source told Al-Masdar News that 6 tanks, 2 BMP’s and 4 machine-gun manned vehicles were destroyed.
The Syrian military said 12 civilians were killed and over 200 wounded by rebel shelling while it did not specify the SAA’s casualties.
In the coming days, the SAA’s Tiger Forces, Desert Hawks Brigade and Liwa al-Quds (Palestinian paramilitary) are expected to launch a counter-offensive and attempt to retake areas lost last week at Minyan and the Dahiyat al-Assad district.