Head of Iran’s Hajj and Pilgrimage Organization Saeed Ohadi said in an interview with AFP on Friday that Saudi Arabia has deliberately barred Iranians from making the Hajj pilgrimage and refused to cooperate to work on a solution in avoiding last years disaster where hundreds of Iranians died.
The Saudis “believe they are the owners — that Mecca and Medina are their properties,” he said, adding, “No, they are the properties of Islam.”
“How are you going to invite 1.5 million pilgrims and not even allow yourself to think about the security measures?” Ohadi said.
“Seven thousand people were martyred, were killed, from 39 countries. Why Saudi Arabia was not logical to invite delegates of these 39 countries who had the casualties during the Hajj of last year to sit down one time and think? What measures we can take to avoid any source of problems like this to be repeated again?”