BEIRUT, LEBANON (10:10 P.M.) – Hezbollah’s Secretary-General Sayyed Hassan Ansarallah reportedly told his top commanders at a meeting last night that war with Israel is highly possible.
This meeting was revealed by veteran journalist Elijah Magnier; he is releasing the details regarding this conversation in an article on Saturday.
“Last night, During a private meeting with top commanders, #Hezbollah leader Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah believes the possibilities of war with #Israel is very high this summer,” Magnier tweeted.
On Thursday, the commander of the Israeli Defense Forces’ (IDF) Northern Command General Yoel Strick told Ynet News that his troops will destroy Hezbollah if they attempt to infiltrate into Israel.
“No. Hezbollah still holds on to those plans. We, of course, will not let that happen. We will foil those plans. This is not only a threat to us but also an opportunity, since they have diverted their best fighters to the South. We will face them and I have no doubt of the outcome,” he told Ynet.
Strick added that if Hezbollah were to attack, Israel would take all of Lebanon to war as punishment for harboring the group inside the country.
The last time Israel and Hezbollah went to war was in the summer of 2006; they have avoided all-our war since then.