BEIRUT, LEBANON (1:30 A.M.) – Hashd Al-Shaabi (Popular Mobilization Units) announced the results of their investigation regarding last week’s attack that killed at least 22 of their fighters in southeast Syria.
The head of Hashd Al-Shaabi’s military operations, Abu Munather Al-Husseini, stated during his press conference on Sunday that after conducting a preliminary investigation into the alleged U.S. attack last week, his group found that the latter fired their missiles from a distance of 200 meters away.
Husseini said the U.S. military fired the missiles from their location near the Iraqi border-city of Al-Qa’im in the Al-Anbar Governorate.
Husseini added that both the US-led Joint Operations Command (JOC) and Hashd Al-Shaabi commander of the Jazeera and Badiya operations, Major General Qassem Al-Mohammadi, had prior knowledge of the Iraqi troops inside Syria.
Mohammadi reportedly “informed the Joint Operations Command by mistake that the troops were deployed 1500 kilometers away from the borders, after one of the commanders told him the information mistakenly. However, he did not correct it.”
“The crime is a war crime. We urge the government to defend rights of those martyrs,” Mohammadi added.