BEIRUT, LEBANON (12:00 P.M.) – Iran’s Defence Minister Amir Hatami hailed the Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps’ (IRGC) missile attack on positions in eastern Syria as a success and issued a warning against those who might think about targetting Iran, speaking from Tehran on Wednesday.
“Those who do anything against the security of our dear country and our deal nation should be waiting for a harsh, destructive response,” General Hatami said.
He added that “the commanders and designers of terrorist incidents in Iran should await further measures. Nobody should dare to decide and act against the security of our dear nation and the high security of our people.”
The IRGC said it had launched six ballistic missiles from an area close to Kermanshah in Iran, targeting militants in Abu Kamal in the Deir ez-Zor Governorate of eastern Syria early Monday morning.
The barrage was carried out in retaliation for an attack by militants who Tehran blames for the shooting at an Iranian military parade in Ahvaz last month in which 25 were killed.
Video credit: Ruptly