Tobias Ellwood, the British minister for the Middle East, said on Wednesday that the Saudi dictatorship ordered the attack on a Yemeni funeral that killed more than 140 people and further wounded over 500.
"It was a deliberate error made by an individual who needs to be disciplined,” he said. "There was a choice made to breach operation procedures, Riyadh said, 'no this attack should not take place.”
Riyadh initially denied the attack but then acknowledged it was responsible on Saturday.
"It did take place and that's why this report, which is coming out with more details, will actually clarify what's going to happen," said the minister.
He then acknowledged British arm sales to the puritanical kingdom, but defended the supposed legitimacy of the war.
"We do sell arms to Saudi Arabia, this is a legitimate war that's taking place, endorsed by the UN resolution 2216,” he said. "It's important to recognize that Saudi Arabians have made mistakes, but they have also put their hand up to it.”
The minister visited Riyadh last week to tell the royal family that “they need to come out with a report immediately, they did that, it was released on the weekend and they put their hand up and said this was a gross breach of standard operating procedure.”
"Somebody will now fall on their sword. We have disciplinary actions taking place, we also now have compensation coming to the victims," he announced.