A top security official told the Associated Press on Monday morning that the man responsible for the terrorist attack in the southern German city of Ansbach was a 27 year old Syrian refugee that had been denied asylum inside the country.
He added that the man’s request for asylum was rejected a year ago, but he was allowed to remain in Germany on account of the situation in Syria.
The alleged Syrian refugee was reportedly turned away from the Open-Air Music Festival in Ansbach before he committed the terrorist attack on Sunday.
“We don’t know if this man planned on suicide or if he had the intention of killing others,” Joachim Herrmann said.
At least a one civilians was killed and twelve others wounded by this terrorists attack.