On Friday, 6 civilians were reportedly killed and another 22 were hospitalized in Aleppo after militants from the Islamic Front (Jabhat Al-Islamiyya) fired a barrage of rockets into a number of neighborhoods inside the city.
Among the dead civilians were 3 children, who were found under the rubble of a building that was struck by a rocket on Tishreen St. in the Bani Zayd Quarter. The autopsy revealed that the 3 children – aged 6, 9, and 14 – died of asphyxiation while being trapped with no outlet to escape.
3 other civilians were found dead after a missile hit a residential building in the Salahedeen Quarter in west Aleppo.
The civilians were identified as the following:
- ‘Alaa Mahmoud Qataan (9 years old)
- ‘Aytha Mahmoud Qataan (14 years old)
- Ibrahim Mahmoud Qataan (6 years old)
- ‘Umar Ahmad ‘Azizeh (29 years old)
- Shayma Na’amiyeh (15 years old)
- Miyadeh Al-Mazour (48 years old)