Earlier in the month the world was shocked about the starving condition of people in Madaya. Despite a huge media and political campaign by terrorist forces in Syria and their supporters in the Western media and governments, Doctors Without Borders (MSF) have reported that 16 people have died since aid convoys arrived.
MSF also reported that dozens of residents were also in ‘danger of death’ because of malnutrition.
Citing medics it supports in the town, MSF said there were at least 320 cases of malnutrition in the town, including 33 that were so severe that the individuals could die without prompt treatment.
“It is totally unacceptable that people continue to die from starvation, and that critical medical cases remain in the town when they should have been evacuated weeks ago,” said MSF’s director of operations Brice de le Vingne.
“The warring parties responsible for these besiegement strategies need to allow unhindered medical and humanitarian access immediately,” he added.
Food convoys arrived in Madaya on January 14 and again on January 19.
International condemnation went against the Syrian government for the siege laid on the terrorist held town, yet there has not been any condemnation for residents still starving to death because of the terrorists and despite the arrival of food.
This supports the claims made by Syrian activists who suggested that the militants were with holding food from the people and reselling it at an inflated price.
Madaya is a largely pro-government town who oppose the Islamist’s in control of it, most notably, Jabhat Al-Nusra, an Al-Qaeda affiliate, and its main ally, Ahrar ash-Sham.
The whole situation around Madaya was mostly debunked, but the same agencies who condemned the government are silent on the continuing starvation in Madaya despite the arrival of food.